Hey everyone! Just a quick devlog on what the next update of Nestronomus is about!
Next update, version 0.6.0, will fix one of the bigger issues I have with the game, and that is the combat.
After some feedback of some friends and myself, here's what I can say what's wrong with the current battle:
- It's feels like a chore, combat right now feels boring and you'll try to avoid it at all times if possible.
- Everything is standing still, the only "animation" that it currently has it's when the player dies.
- Too linear, you press a button and you deal damage.
- No real magic abilities, current ones are really lacking.
- Way to difficult, current combat is NOT balanced at all.
- The rewards after battle do not feel like rewards at all.
So, here's some of my plans for the next update:
- Animation! Let's give some life to the characters. Seriously, they really need it.
- Criticals! Let's spice things up, shall we?
- Balance! It's not fun or fair when you hit an enemy for 2 damage and they hit you back for 15!
- Actual rewards! After winning a battle, you should be properly rewarded depending on the difficulty of the battle.
- Real magic abilities! Add more variety and more properties, should feel way better to play with and against them!
- Make combat actually fun to play! No one likes to do chores, right? It can't just be me... right?
That's all for me now, I'll post a new devlog someday to update you guys. -Tsadriu
(P.S.: If you haven't tried Nestronomus yet, I would apreciate it if you do and give me feedback!)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.